Monday, December 3, 2007

This and that, Dec. 3, 2007

Greetings from the land of wind and rain! We're getting heavy rain today and moderately high winds. We've got our flashlights ready. You can usually count on the power going out when the wind blows.

We got 4 1/2 inches of snow Saturday night and it was a major event. In Utah that's just another storm. I was out taking pictures, Riley was playing in it when there was barely 1/2 an inch and it all was exciting and fun. Even the dogs ran around and played in it. Our ward got cancelled Sunday morning since we are the early ward and roads were still treacherous. Never in Utah.

Last night I performed at the Christmas Creche at the church. Every year the stake puts on a display of dozens of nativity scenes from around the world and live music throughout the evening. I played for 25 minutes right after the First Presidency Christmas devotional. I wore the outfit I got for the wedding and I hear the sparkly blue top was stunning in the spotlight! I was very pleased with my performance and received lots of compliments.

I have been informed by various people that I have been under-charging for my piano lessons. So effective Jan. 1st, I will be charging $20/lesson for new students and $18/lesson for current students. I got some good ideas from Holly's mom on Thanksgiving that I'm going to try. I try to make it fun and be a good teacher.

Only 17 days left until the wedding! I am still plugging away on my end of the preparations, grateful I only have a son getting married this time and not a daughter. (I'm going to need serious help for that one.) And speaking of help, if any of you would be willing to help with food for the luncheon on Dec. 20th in Utah (I need several desserts and salads), and the open house in Washington on Jan. 2nd ( I will need help preparing appetizers and other refreshments), give me a call or drop me a note. Your help would be much appreciated!! (Anybody want to finish my Christmas shopping for me? j/k)

Have a great week! Love, Wendy

5 comments:

Bennett Family said...

wasn't the snow GREAT?! parker was outside playing and attempting to build a snowman before we even had 1/8 inch. funny boy.

you did a GREAT JOB last night and loved the outfit!

Leslie Behunin said...

Beware of Dog...please tell me that sign isn't referring to Truman or Sarah! :) I wish I could have seen your dress!

Zappe Family said...

Wish we would've been there to hear you perform last night! I'm sure it was wonderful though, knowing how great you are on the piano! :)

Zappe Family said...

Wish we would've been there to hear you perform last night! I'm sure it was wonderful though, knowing how great you are on the piano! :)

Bennett Family said...

missing your posts! WEDDING PHOTOS PLEASE?!