Wednesday, March 26, 2008

#@!% Snow!

It started snowing tonight at about 5:00 and it's still coming down. We have maybe an inch and a 1/2 of really heavy, wet snow. Kelly and I went out after dinner and when we came home around 9:00 this is what we found waiting for us. Our gorgeous pink tree in full bloom, covered with snow and this big branch lying in the street. The rest of the tree is now leaning noticeably toward the house. We shook as much snow off of it as we could so we don't lose even more of it. We have the darndest luck with trees. We lost 2 large trees in a wind storm in Springville, and since we've lived here we've had this, and 30 feet of the top of a fir tree fall in our back yard in a wind storm. Anyway, Riley has been singing snow day all evening. We'll see in the morning. . . .

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUCK!!!!! Hope that doesn't come down here. I am tired of snow. We dropped 20 degrees in temperature today from yesterday so it is feeling wintery outside again. I am beyond ready for spring and warmer temperatures!

I'm Valerie said...

I bet he did have a snow day. Lucky son. I wish I had one too. Stupid snow.

Sarah J. said...

Oh, man... that's when you hate the snow is when it starts ruining everything! I was watching our willow bend in the snow as well. Somehow pink blossoms and white snow just don't go together. At least it's gone (for now...)!

Zappe Family said...

So sad for the tree!!! Crazy weather!

Leslie Behunin said...

What does #@!% mean??? ;)

Bennett Family said...

aw BUMMER! mother nature has PMS again.