Friday, November 21, 2008

We've Seen It!

Valerie got me tickets to see Twilight at 12:01 this morning. We went out to eat first and then sat in line for an hour and sat in the theater for 2 hours prior to the movie. It was a lot of fun though. We played games and talked about our college days. I was a little concerned that there would be lots of screaming teens but the screams stopped immediately when the movie began. Let me just say that if you liked the book, I think you will like the movie. No, it's not cinematic perfection, and I'm not sure how it would stand alone as a movie if you weren't a fan--it's obviously a lower budget movie and aimed at a very narrow audience, but I think it was surprisingly good. It is remarkably true to the story and I thought the things that were added or taken away didn't change the overall feeling. I loved it!

And now for a guest editorial:

Hello, this is Valerie, you know, the daughter that you carried inside you for 9 months and then proceeded to raise to grow up to act like her father. This is what I thought of the Twilight movie: Wow! Coming from a girl who read the Bella-Edward romance series and gagged out loud, I loved the movie! It was just the right amount of everything and very entertaining.

There you have it. Two thumbs up for Twilight!

5 comments:

debi said...

Glad you loved it. Am on vaca unti the 2nd of Dec. Should I wait ......

Jolley Family said...

Cool, can't wait to see it. I was going to try to go tonight w/the bunch from our ward but my sister broke her ankle last night at our soccer game so I stayed home and helped w/ her kids and all. I'll go next week I guess! Thanks for the review you two!

Tiffany said...

I went and saw it yesterday while the kids where in school and I really enjoyed it. I wanted it to keep going onto the next book . . . which they left wide OPEN! I liked Rob's performance as Edward - I thought he captured the personality perfect, although he wasn't hot enough for me - Jacob shined in hotness. I wanted a better meadow scene and loved what they added to the story.

How about Stephenie's cameo in the diner?

Overall . . . I LOVED the movie - it didn't disappoint!

Ronda said...

I haven't even read the book yet. But, I did finally buy it. So I think I'm going to wait and see the movie after I read it. I've heard it's really good.

Nichole said...

I have to say that I thought the movie was a bit...how shall I say it...lame? I pictured Edward much more handsome and Bella, well, she didn't stumble and fall enough (he he!) I really liked Charlie and Victoria was pretty good. Jasper had big eyes. I think he must have had something in his shorts that kept him looking like he was being pinched! I am sure if they had more money it would have been better. Now that they earned bucketloads of money, maybe New Moon will be better. I really wanted to like it dang it!