Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day drive

For Labor Day Kelly drove me (in the car) up to Chinook Pass where he had been on the motorcycle a couple of days before.

It was breathtakingly beautiful and the pictures really don't do it justice at all.

We picnicked and strolled the trail around Tipsoo Lake.

We took tons of pictures.

It's a photographer's dream there.

We saw polliwogs in the lake.

Weird little creatures, they are.

A squirrel having his own picnic near ours.

Mt. Fife, a few miles past Chinook Pass.

This day trip ranks up there with Deception Pass in our book. We'll be taking company to see this place for sure!

3 comments:

Bennett Family said...

YIKES! the sheer cliffs on that drive freak me out so much i haven't been on it for at least 10 years!!!

Sarah J. said...

How beautiful! You forget what gorgeous country we live in. I'll have to keep that on my list of adventures our family needs to take. Thanks! :)

Zappe Family said...

I can't believe how beautiful those pictures are. I've never been up there and I've lived here my entire life (other than 5 years at BYU-land.) Thanks for sharing.