My friend Leslie wrote on her blog about a dilemma she has. Her husband wants a dog and her toddler, Vale, is crazy about them too. She doesn't want to get one, but should she give in and make her guys happy? I told her "DON'T DO IT!" The maintenance, the mess, the worry; it's pretty much like having another kid. Why would you do that to yourself? And why did I do it four times?
We have 2 cats and 2 dogs and we are totally, head over heels in love with all of them. We are a family of softies who view our pets as part of the family. And our pets love us in a way no human can. There's nothing like big, brown, adoring eyes looking into yours or a soft, warm, purring bundle in your lap. A neighbor once said about her cat, "He's not spoiled, he's just loved." Our pets are definitely loved . . . . . a lot.

4 comments:
Okay, that IS pretty darn cute! And I have to admit...I have had a LOT of dogs in my day and I loved everyone one of them! I just happened to have pretty bad luck..they all either got sick, ran over, ran away or were dog-napped. I think I'm just bitter to protect myself! So I TELL myself I hate animals. I'm sure I'll cave one of these days and get my boys a dog. Like my dad says, every boy needs a dog!
I don't think I knew you had cats too! I think if/when I ever give in, I will be a sucker too! Honestly, I think I would sleep better at night and feel safer when I'm running if I had a dog.
I miss them a lot :'(
I saw that Kelly & Truman both voted 'YES' to getting a dog for Vale! That would makes 2 'Yes' votes and 8 "No" votes. Sorry!! Maybe next year! :)
Post a Comment