Kelly and I like Greek food but we didn't want to drive all the way to Federal Way to our favorite little Greek fast food place, It's Greek To Me, so he found something closer. We tried Spiro's Greek Island in Kent (215 First Ave. S.) last night and we loved it! It is my new favorite restaurant.
It's small and cozy and the place was packed but we didn't have to wait long to get in. They have fresh fruit in the lobby to snack on with toothpicks while you wait. The ambience is very Greek and they have belly dancers on Friday and Saturday nights at 7:00 and 8:00, which really added to the atmosphere and was fun to watch.
The food was incredible! I would pay money just to SMELL it. Kelly had a gyro platter that came with salad and Greek fries, and I had a the Greek platter that came with salad and had samplings of spanakopita, dolmades, pastitsio, moussaka, Mediterranean vegetables and rice pilaf. We also took home a couple of pieces of baklava.It was by far the best Greek food we have ever eaten! Prices run from $8-$15 plate and the portions were generous. We definately recommend it and will be eating there again. Call if you want to go with us!
7 comments:
can WE come? we love trying new places!
I love greek, too! The baklava is too rich for me but the food is awesome! I'm excited to check it out!
Never tried Greek food before... I don't think Jake and I tend to be very food adventurous, but if you give us the green light, we may just check it out.
We'll all have to go together sometime. I don't think we've ever had Greek food either??
I'm trying to talk Wendy into becoming a belly dancer there for a little extra cash.
So if I visit you, will you take me there?
Wendy as a belly dancer? I would pay to see that!!
SLC has some good Greek food, BTW...
HOw are you?
Okay Wendy! I showed you my favorite Mexican place, so now you can show me your favorite Greek!
Let's do lunch!!!!
Ronda
Post a Comment