Wednesday, October 31, 2007

7 Random Things About Me

I tried to pretend I didn't read Leslie's and Jill's blogs, therefore avoiding being tagged with the 7 random things, but I'm caving to peer pressure and I don't want to be the last one to post my 7 random things. Here they are:

1. I can't stand it when the dishwasher is not loaded my way. I went as far as to label the sections for the silverware once. (Big forks on the back right, big spoons on the back left, small spoons on the front right, small forks on the front left, knives in the middle.) If I see that it has been loaded in an order that is not mine, I redo it.

2. I suffered 3rd degree burns on my face when I was about 17 when a pressure cooker I was standing over exploded and spewed hot water everywhere. I was hospitalized because of infection and it was a miserable recovery but I miraculously have no scarring at all.

3. I growl "rarrrr" when I'm frustrated.

4. Warm cookies are nice but I prefer to eat them when they are completely cooled and the chocolate chips have set up again.

5. I pick up pennies. (Even the dirty, munched up ones.)

6. I make up mnemonic devices for license plates when I stop at lights. (Rhymes, spelling, etc. i.e. Our old license plate was 142 SZF so I remembered it by "14.2 is size F.")

7. When I was a kid I used to inject grasshoppers with water using syringes.

OK all you pretenders out there. I know you are reading our blogs. You've been tagged. Now get posting your 7!

4 comments:

Bennett Family said...

yikes! poor grasshoppers...that's hillarious. and i never would have pegged you for the anal/ocd type (silverware)...love it! so glad you recovered from that horrible accident...very scary. i've been trying to think of my 7 for DAYS NOW.

Leslie Behunin said...

I'm so with you on the cookie thing!!! I was also a little surprised by the grasshopper thing. You're such an animal lover!! That was fun, THANKS!!!

Zappe Family said...

Wendy...you do have a crazy side to ya! That grasshoppers thing is hilarious. I agree with you on the cookies though. I love them cooled and set up again! Side note: I also LOVE syrup to be COLD on my WARM pancakes/waffles etc. Aaron thinks I'm a freak about that. Yep...I put it in the fridge for the very purpose to keep it cold!

Tiffany said...

Ewwww - grasshoppers being injected with water. What kind of a kid where you! ha! I am exactly the same way about the dishwasher! Fun stuff.