Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Put a book on that kid's head!

He just doesn't quit growing! I measured Riley last night and he is now 6' 3". When he was little I heard that if you double their height at 2 or 2 1/2 years (can't remember which) that will be their adult height. I figured then that he would be 6'4". He's 15 years and 4 months now. Do you think he'll squeeze out one more inch? Anybody want to place a bet?

He says he learned in his psychology class that girls are attracted to tall guys. This seems to be the case. Last week when I dropped him off at mutual there were a bunch of Beehive-aged girls by the door where I let him out and when they saw him they swarmed around him squealing, "Riley, Riley!" We really don't go very many places were I don't hear a female voice calling, "Riley!"

He says he doesn't like towering over everybody but I like it. Here are a few things I've found his height good for:

  1. Reaching things on top shelves.
  2. Changing lightbulbs without using a stool.
  3. Killing spiders on the ceiling.
  4. Putting things away in the rafters of the garage.
  5. Giving hugs that bend me over backwards.


5 comments:

Leslie Behunin said...

PLUS, it helps them get good jobs! Most Fortune 500 companies have CEO's over 6 feet tall. It pays to be tall so take those books down and let him keep sprouting!!! :)

Bennett Family said...

cute post. i sure HOPE those 2 year old predictions are wrong or i'm goign to have a couple of SHRIMPS on my hands! hopefully my boys will get some tall genes from ben. i was a 3T in kindergarten and the classroom shrimp until 5th grade...

I'm Valerie said...

What a hottie. I wish the tall guy thing was true for me though. For some reasons I can only get short ones.

Zappe Family said...

Yep, he needs to join choir too and then he'll get more attention from the Beehives. I'm your inner circle spy for such things! Can't believe how tall he is! Here's hoping my kids get more of Aaron's height genes and not my short-stuff genes!

Carson Calderwood said...

I would say stop feeding him steroids, but like me at that age I only grew up not out...now its the oposite.