Holly and I were the only ones of the group to walk Monday morning. You other girls missed out on some great fun!
During the walk we ran into a guy with a couple of cute and friendly golden retrievers and stopped to talk for a few minutes. He mentioned that he takes his dogs to the park on the east side of Landsburg road across from the trail, and that it's a well kept secret. After our walk we decided to cross the road and check the park out since Holly had never been there. When we got there we ran into the same guy and he told us some really interesting stuff about the area. His name is Dennis and he is a tour guide during the month of October when they take tours to the dam above the park. We learned a lot about the salmon spawning season and about the area being Muckleshoot (Indian) land.
After our own private educational tour of the park, Dennis and his dogs left and Holly and I stayed to let our dogs play in the river. Our conversation somehow turned to seafood and next thing we knew we were headed to Seattle to eat seafood for lunch!
We went to The Crab Pot down on the waterfront. I had never eaten there before and boy what a treat! They bring you bibs and cover your table with butcher paper, give you a chopping block, mallet and little seafood fork, then just dump all the food right on the table. Then they set a big bowl on the floor beside you to throw your shells in. It's great messy, delicious fun! We had snow crab, king crab, Dungeoness crab, shrimp, roasted red potatoes and corn on the cob. I was totally in heaven, being the seafood lover that I am!



7 comments:
I'M SO MAD I MISSED IT!!!! I've never eaten there but I've always wanted too. I'm glad you had so much fun!
Mom, this is Adam's favorite restaurant and he said next time I'm in Seattle I have to go there.
FUN! i'm all about spontaneity...good for you!
Look at you ladies! Too fun- I think I need to join the walking group! ;)
When do you guys walk anyway? Do you have any openings to join the group?
We walk MWF at 9:30 and usually meet at Leslie's house. Everyone is welcome!
How fun and spontaneous of you guys to do that! What that must be like to enjoy life and mornings without little ones at your feet! You both look fabulous. I've heard that place is a lot of fun, glad you enjoyed it!
Post a Comment