Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Boo Humbug!

Hope everyone had a fun Halloween. Ours was very quiet. Nobody even rang our doorbell. Maybe it was because we turned off all the lights, parked our car down the street and holed up in our bedroom.

Call us party poopers or cranky middle-aged spoil sports or whatever but this year I just didn't want to be bothered. I did the Trunk or Treat at the church and didn't want to spend $10+ on more candy. I also didn't want to try to keep the dogs inside every time I opened the door or hear them barking and scratching at the back door all evening. Riley was at a friend's house or I could have given him door duty.

So Kelly and I enjoyed a quiet evening in our room, sitting in our double recliner with dinner and a movie. I have a few twinges of regret though and offer my apologies to any of you who ventured into our neighborhood. Please don't pull any tricks on us because we didn't treat this year!



6 comments:

Bennett Family said...

i think that sounds ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!! good for you. i over-did the halloween season and i am officially DONE with halloween.

Lindsay said...

I'm not a huge Halloween fan either. I'm sure that when the children are grown we will be doing the same thing! Sounds like a great evening!

Leslie Behunin said...

Wendy, you crack me up! You so have the right idea and once we're done with little ones...We'll be doing the exact same thing! :) Congrats on your quiet night together! :)

Kelly Clark said...

We watched The Hudsucker Proxy. Great movie! Great company!

Sarah J. said...

Ahhh.. I LOVE IT! Good for you!

Sarah J. said...

p.s. Can I join you next year?!?