This summer I taught a sewing class to take up some of the financial slack that my piano income suffers when school ends. It was a great success!
I had 4 girls in the class (one was missing the day I took pictures) and we met for 2 hours once a week.
We made draw-string jewelry bags, learned to mend, made bucket caddies (they are making those here) and worked on a project of their choice which turned out to be skirts and simple dresses.

9 comments:
How fun! I love seeing all "my Beehives" sewing. And...I can totally relate to their giggling and chatting and silly stuff. Good work Wendy!
Seriously can I come?
I WANNA COME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
seriously, i would totally pay you if you started a class. LOVE IT!
Okay, had I known that you were doing this class I would have totally signed up. I would love to learn more about sewing. Let me know if you do another class!
Next time SIGN ME UP! My MIL just helped me sew a maternity shirt. So fun but I still have so much to learn!
Ummmm... I think I may need to sign up. (Or maybe I'll just hire one of those beehives to make ME something!) ;)
What a great idea! Those cute beehives looked like they had a great time! You are so very talented Wendy!
That is so cool! Can I mention, I LOVE the was sewing scissors sound when cutting out fabric layed out on a table.
And Wendi...I tagged you on my blog :) if you haven't done it before just post 6 random facts about you.
http://somedayiwillsoar.blogspot.com/2008/09/getting-tagged.html
What a great idea! Not very many people even know how to sew these days. I don't even know if I remember how??? Sounds like you could start a womens sewing class also.
Post a Comment