At least I was for 2 days. . . .
While Kelly was gone to his motorcycle rally, http://onegreedymonkey.blogspot.com/2008/08/pnw-dual-sport-rally.html
Riley talked me into taking him and his best friend Jace to Portland to skate at the famous Burnside skate park. It was a spur of the moment trip; we talked about it on Sunday night and were gone by Monday afternoon. We drove to Vancouver and then turned east along the Columbia River for about 35 miles, ending up at Beacon Rock State Park.
Columbia River
We claimed our campsite then drove about 7 miles to Stevenson, where Kelly was at his rally, and had dinner with him at a pizza place. Leave it to Riley to sniff out a skate park. After we left Kelly we stopped to skate, then went back to our camp site, built a fire and made smores. Riley also cooked a hot dog and I have no idea how he was able to eat it after eating so much pizza.It was a fun little trip and now I owe Valerie one of her own. She wants to go to Vancouver B.C. Stay tuned. . . .
10 comments:
That looks like a great park. You ARE the mother of the year!
Seriously...you are the Mother of the Year! I love how spontaneous you are! So fun.
Seriously...you are the Mother of the Year! I love how spontaneous you are! So fun.
Wow! Sleeping in the car? You do deserve an award. Riley is really lucky to have a Mom that will drive him that far, to go to a skateboard park. Looks like a fun little adventure though.
you're such an awesome mom! too fun.
Nice goin' SK8 er Mom of the Year!
I guess since you awarded yourself, I'll have to give my "Mother of the Year" award to my other mom.
Can I be like you?!?
How cool! We camped at Beacon ST Pk when Craig was in Dental school and we loved it. Britton learned to ride his bike there! We did the damn thing as well and we used to go to Multnomah Falls every mothers day! I miss Portland! Burnside is awesome! Did you get the the Saturday Market? It's awesome!!
Your trip looks so fun!
But I also wanted to say...I had to check out your pics from Forks and see Dr. Cullen's sign. Very cool. :)
Post a Comment