I know I've complained before but I'm whining again. It's too hot! For the past two days the temperature has been a sweltering 95 degrees and I'm not enjoying it. It's not so bad outside in the shade, but in a house with no air conditioning, it's miserable.
Yesterday wasn't too bad because it was cool in the morning and I worked the windows, blinds and fans (all 6 of them) to keep it cool. It didn't get really hot inside until late afternoon. Today is a different story. The house didn't completely cool down during the night and the morning wasn't nearly cool enough to finish the job. We started out warm and it just got hotter. It doesn't help that our lovely sky light heats the upstairs like an oven.
Most of the time, Washington summers are great; beautiful and green, not too much rain, and not too hot. But occasionally the the thermometer shoots up and fries us like we're in Utah. Hey Mother Nature, this isn't Utah! We don't all have swamp coolers and central air.
It's supposed to be 10 degrees cooler tomorrow. Yea! Until then you can find me in front of the fan with a wet wash cloth around my neck.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Help me! I'm melting!
Posted by
Wendy
at
6/29/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hot Mama You can come to the AC Station around the corner any ol' time
I hear ya!!! Little too warm for me too.
Post a Comment