Debi wrote on her blog about things she hopes her kids remember about her and tagged readers to do the same. Here is my list of things I hope my children remember, not necessarily about me, but about growing up in our family:
*Opening birthday presents with the whole family on our bed.
*Christmas Eve ornaments.
*Name that group, band, singer, etc.
*Dad's stories (There once was a boy named Hosannah, See der river?, et al.)
*Chocolate mush, banana waffles and crepes.
*Foosball, Apples to Apples and Dance Dance Revolution.
*Sambo, Jim and Hammer.
*Scavenger hunts, heavy heavy hang overs (thy poor head), gift bags.
*Santa Claus's hair, the Tooth Fairy's mistakes and the Easter Bunny.
*Wet willies and "I love you the most."
*Vacations- Disneyland, Yellowstone, San Diego, Washington, Mesa Verde, etc.
*Reading stories and cuddling.
*Trips to the emergency room, getting tonsils out and Riley's cancer scare.
*Grandpa Clark and Great Grandpa and Grandma Barnes.
*How hard their dad worked and went to school to take care of us.
*I'm sure there are many more. Maybe I'll keep adding to the list as I think of them.
Monday, June 30, 2008
Things I Hope My Children Remember
Posted by
Wendy
at
6/30/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How about their mother teaching piano lessons every dang day and "Finders Keepers"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love the new look of your blog I got my background for free at the same place you did. I hope my kids remember all of the fun things we do. Like visiting Wendy and her saving Emily's donut from a mean, crazy goose.
Post a Comment