Thursday, August 16, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

Today is Kelly's and my 22nd anniversary. 22 wonderful years of companionship, fun, laughter, tears, hardships and blessings.

This anniversary is noteworthy because it marks the point in which we have been married 1/2 of our lives. This day is also marks 2 other events that although I really don't want to remember them every year, I probably will. Our dear little dog Sambo died on this day 4 years ago, and today is the last day Valerie will spend at home before leaving for college and her new life.

Since we've already done our celebrating (Montana trip) maybe I'll get the anniversary spirit by reading Kelly's journal entry from April 8th, 1985, the day we first met. He wrote about how he had just met the girl he was going to marry. And since I'm hopelessly sentimental I could pull out the box that contains the shirts we each were wearing that night. Then we'll watch Wild Hogs. (Valerie wants to watch it tonight.) How romantic.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love all of the pictures, everyone looks so grown up since I last saw you guys, which was years ago!!!! I love Wild hogs, the whole time I watched it I pictured Uncle Kelly, Uncle Mike, and my Dad riding. Funny stuff.

Enjoy your last night with Valerie for a while and Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

i miss you

Leslie Behunin said...

Congratualtions of spending HALF your lives together!! That's fantastic!

Sarah J. said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a wonderfully romantic AND tearful day. Hope we all can look back 22 years from now and say the same things.