Hi all, I assume ya'll are still upstream. I had to laugh when I read an article on the Daily Herald website about people suffering from SADS because of all the rain in Utah. Not that suffering from SADS is funny, but get a grip people! It's only been raining a month. I personally like the rain and have not minded all the rainy days we have up here. Rain makes it GREEN and we love green!
My piano solo at A Night With the Classics went well and I am famous now. So many people were amazed that I could memorize "that many notes!" I have been giving quite a few personal concerts to friends that were not able to go and wanted to hear my song.
Tuesday night Brennan, Kelly and I went to a party for the graduating seniors in our ward. They showed a video of pictures of each graduate throughout their lives (of course Brennan was the cutest) and pictures of the parents as seniors. The bishop talked about each graduate and presented them with a pocket-sized hymnbook with their name engraved on it. Then we had refreshments that included a cake with the names of all 8 of the graduating seniors on it.
Cathy and I did our visiting teaching this week. She was nervous and very humble about the opportunity. It made me stop and think about the casual attitude I've had toward it. She did fine and enjoyed it. We go to two ladies. One is the mother of Brittany, Brennan's love interest. When I told him that I was her visiting teacher he told me not to say or do anything stupid. Would I do that? I didn't. The other is a 91 year old lady who is the great-grandmother to the girl across the street who was stalking Riley when we first moved here. She was very nice to talk to and she let us choose a pair of slippers from a big box full that she has crocheted.
Well the dreaded dentist appointment was yesterday. Let me tell you how wonderful it was to be there. I had the gas for the first time. Anyway, the dentist cut the crown off and handed me a mirror to see the damages. The top of the tooth was still intact but everything underneath from the outside gum line to the bone line was rotted away. The other side would have broken long ago if not for the crown. I asked if it was because I had not taken good enough care of my teeth and he said no, that the crown had not fit properly and had allowed stuff to seep in below the gum line. My high pain tolerance allowed me to live with it so long without knowing it. Since there wasn't anything worth saving and nothing to pull it out by, he cut it into pieces to remove it. Because of the gas, I was so relaxed that I was practically melted over chair. Both of my arms slipped off the chair and just hung down while I studied the dentist's pupils. I didn't care what the dentist was doing in my mouth, I was just happy to be there. Let me just say to all those who have never had the gas, that you are missing out on the greatest scientific discovery since the epidural. Well today I am fine. I was going to milk it for all it was worth but I'm finding hard to even fake pain and suffering. I haven't even taken anything for pain. It's sore but not painful, which is surprising because he said I lost some bone in the procedure. I'm still trying to be helpless and needy though. I've been through face-numbing trauma and the tragic loss of a tooth. (No cards or flowers please. Just donate to the NOAA [Nitrous Oxide Association of America] in my name.)
Love to you all, Wendy
Monday, August 6, 2007
Friday, May 13, 2005
Posted by
Wendy
at
8/06/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment